Jacksonville Divorce and Family Law LawyersPaternity
Paternity cases typically arise when a child is born to unmarried parents. In some cases the identity of the biologicalfather is not known. A paternity action involves many of the same issues as a dissolution of marriage involving minor children, including parental responsibility, child support and time-sharing, and the issues can become quite complex and confusing if you are attempting to do it yourself.
In most cases, there are three types of clients in paternity disputes:
• a mother who is trying to identify the father for child support or other purposes
• an alleged father who denies relation to the child and claims no responsibility
• a man who claims to be the father and is seeking parental rights
We represent both fathers and mothers and will help you with paternity issues such as:
• paternity testing
• development of a Parenting Plan with a time-sharing schedule
• child support
• child support enforcement
• parental responsibility
Whether you are a mother or a father, legally establishing the paternity of your child is an important step to ensure that your rights concerning child support, parental responsibility and time-sharing are protected. Having a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer on your side can make all the difference. Our firm has been helping people with family law matters for over 38 years and we will work with you to make sure that your rights are protected.
Contact a Jacksonville Divorce and Family Law Lawyer
from our firm today.